Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Female Not Laying Eggs

3 posters

Go down

Female Not Laying Eggs Empty Female Not Laying Eggs

Post by dtown Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:43 pm

I took over a pair of Leo's, 1 male and 1 female, from an owner who did not want to take care of them anymore. When I took over, one of the things I asked her was if she has layed eggs before?? She told me yes, so I got excited to try and incubate the eggs. I have a hovabator regulated with temp and humidity... Just one thing.. My female has not layed any eggs yet?? I feel like I have their enclosure set up for Leo standards. Warm hide, moist hide, calcium dish, gut loaded crickets, fresh water, plenty of room, and ambient temp in the room/enclosure is 72* Why hasn't she laid any eggs yet??? Sad

dtown

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 88

Back to top Go down

Female Not Laying Eggs Empty Re: Female Not Laying Eggs

Post by kathstew Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:32 pm

Are you sure one is male and one is female? Sometimes the previous owners like to fib to make a sale, or are just confused. :P

What is the temp of your hot side?
How much do they weigh?
Is she ovulating?

If she hasn't laid any eggs, than they have not done the deed yet.
You could try separating them for a few days and then reintroducing them. That may spark interest in the male to initiate copulation.
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by geckochick89 Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Have you actually seen them breed? After they actually breed it can take 2-4 weeks for the female to lay the eggs...
geckochick89
geckochick89

Status Status : 25 leos and counting...
LGF Points LGF Points : 212

http://iherp.com/cmor1031

Back to top Go down

Post by dtown Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:01 pm

My geckos were actually given to me because the previous owners kids got bored with themand they started to get neglected. So I took them in and gave them an awesome new home. She had told me that the female has layed eggs before. Not sure if they were fertilized, but she layed the eggs. Not sure of how many grams they weight, but they are very healthy and around 7 in long. Warm hide is around 85* And I'm not quite sure how to tell if she is ovulating or not.

dtown

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down