Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ankes not eating

3 posters

Go down

ankes not eating  Empty ankes not eating

Post by James Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:01 am

Care Questionaire:

About your leo:
- Sex (Female)
- Age & Weight 9 months to a year weight is 55grams
- Morph (if you know) Bell albino
- How long have you owned your leo since september last year
- Where was he/she obtained (Pet store, breeder, wild caught, etc.) Local pet store
- Is your leo wild caught or captive bred Captive bred

A) Health/History
- How often do you handle your leo most days for about 10 mins
- Is your leo acting any different today? If so how No not really
- Has he/she had any problems in the past, if so please describe. No
B) Fecals
- Describe-Do they look any different than normal They look the same as always- the brown waste and the white urate
- When was the last time he/she went about two-three days ago
C) Problem
- Please briefly describe the problem/issue you are experiencing and how long it has been going on

Housing:
A) Enclosure
- Size Not sure but plenty big enough for one leo
- Type (ex. glass tank, screen enclosure, tub kept) wooden viv
- Type of substrate (sand, vinyl tiles, ceramic/stone tiles, etc.) Slate tile
- Hides (how many, location and type (hothide, humid hide, regular hide etc.) One hide on the hot side, one on the cool side and a moist hide half on and half off the hot side
B) Heating
- What is your main heat source (heat bulbs, under tank heat mat etc) **Please include the brand and size of your UTH if you use one** UTH I use a pro rep one errr not sure of the size but plenty to cover 1/3 of my ivis floor space
- What are your cage temps (hot side and cool side) hot side is 33c and the cool side is 20c
- Method of regulating your heat source (thermostat, rheostat, light dimmer etc.) thermostat
- What are you using to measure your temps (probe thermometer, infrared lazer tempo gun, stick on temp gauge, etc) I use a double probe digital thermometer
- Do you have any lights (describe type (red,blue, basking etc) and cycle duration) I have a a very dull blue led light on at night so I can observe my leo, I have enough day light entering my room for my leo to establish day/night cycle
C) Cage mates
- How many (males, females) none
- Describe health, or previous problems of cage mates N/A

Describe Diet:
A) Typical diet
- What are you feeding Morio worms
- How often are you feeding your gecko and how much per feeding? She would eat 3-4 every other day
- How are you feeding (hand fed, tongs/tweezers, left in dish, ect) usually tweezers
B) Supplements
- What calcium suppliment are you using (please include brand) Arkvits pure calcium with No d3
- What multi vitimin are you using (please include brand) Arkvits nubatrol (vitamin powder with D3)
-How are you implimenting your suppliment program (how often do you dust with each suppliment, do you leave calcium in the tank 24/7 etc.) I leave a dish of pure calcium in the tank all of the time and every feeding I dust with calcium and about twice a week with my vitamin powder which contains d3
- What are you gutloading your feeder insects with- slices of carrot

I think It may be possible anke may be going through her first ovulation and I can see a small pink do to one side of her tummy if I look at her underside- I have looked at pics of leos ovulating on google so I knew what to look for- I would include a pic but she is grumpy today so I thought it was best to leave her.

She has been active when im not around as I and see calcium foot print every where in her tank.

any help would be great cheers people Smile

Last edited by James on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add in the weight of anke)
James
James
Loyal Member

Status Status : Wants a ferret :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 656

Back to top Go down

ankes not eating  Empty Re: ankes not eating

Post by Kermit Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:15 am

She is likely ovulating. It's coming onto that time of year. Just keep offering food on a regular schedule and monitor her weight and poos. if she looks to be losing weight our her stools change, get runny our the urates turn yellow (dehydration) she could have parasites and time for a fecal. If she doesn't lose much weight and eats sporadically likely ovulation.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:20 am

Cheers with the quick reply Kel, ok Ive been offering her morio worms at her normal feeding time still Smile, ok I will keep an eye on her stools aswell. I bought a set of digital scales today so I will weigh her regularly. Many thank Smile
James
James
Loyal Member

Status Status : Wants a ferret :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:34 am

Youre welcome. Happy to help.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:40 am

Yes, Banana stopped eating last year around this time Smile March-August.. she would eat maybe 1 or 2 morioworms a week, and then some weeks she would stop eating altogether. I'm hoping she doesn't do that again this year lol
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down