Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did my leo shed her toes?

4 posters

Go down

Did my leo shed her toes? Empty Did my leo shed her toes?

Post by NeonPeace Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:29 am

Hi. My new leo just shed a few days ago. She seems to be okay, except that her legs, especially her feet, are really pale. When I first got her, before she shed, her legs where a bright orange color. Now they're kinda pale. Here's a picture to show you what I mean:

Did my leo shed her toes? Yuffie2

Did she shed all of the dead skin off of her legs and feet? If not, what can I do to help her? I don't want her to lose her toes!
NeonPeace
NeonPeace

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 8

Back to top Go down

Did my leo shed her toes? Empty Re: Did my leo shed her toes?

Post by kathstew Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:31 am

First off, welcome to the forum!

From what I can tell, it does look like she shed the skin off her toes.
If you want to ere on the side of caution, you can put her in a small, shallow bath of warm water to soak her toes for about five minutes. This will loosen any skin (if there is any) on her toes. If it does appear that she has some shed skin on her toes, you can use a wet Q-tip and gently rub at the skin to get it off.
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonPeace Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Is she really okay? *stops pulling out hair and chewing on fingernails* :s Ha! Ha! Guess I'm just worrying too much. I want her to be healthy, though. Happy & healthy. :>
Anyways, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. You're a big help!
NeonPeace
NeonPeace

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:30 pm

Looking at that foot it appears to me that she may have a band of skin around her ankle area causing a bit of a stricture. The skin looks red and swollen on the top of her foot and they usually have a nice smooth transition from ankle to foot and she appears to have a buldge at the ankle meets foot area. The redness worries me, and are her toes usually grey/black or does she usually have white sox? The toes all look intact to me.

I would do the soak immediately. Nice warm water, and usully when eros has stuck shed on his toes it takes a good 15 minutes straight soaking before I can even try to rub the shed off. We usually soak in the bathroom sink and keep adding hot water to keep the bath nice and warm. Just don let the water get higher than midline along her side or it culd freak her out and make sure to rinse and wipe out the skin before you put her in to soak to make sure there's no soap or toothpaste residue or other ickies that could harm her sensitive skin.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Smiley Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Kermit wrote:Looking at that foot it appears to me that she may have a band of skin around her ankle area causing a bit of a stricture. The skin looks red and swollen on the top of her foot and they usually have a nice smooth transition from ankle to foot and she appears to have a buldge at the ankle meets foot area. The redness worries me, and are her toes usually grey/black or does she usually have white sox? The toes all look intact to me.

I would do the soak immediately. Nice warm water, and usully when eros has stuck shed on his toes it takes a good 15 minutes straight soaking before I can even try to rub the shed off. We usually soak in the bathroom sink and keep adding hot water to keep the bath nice and warm. Just don let the water get higher than midline along her side or it culd freak her out and make sure to rinse and wipe out the skin before you put her in to soak to make sure there's no soap or toothpaste residue or other ickies that could harm her sensitive skin.

If he/she was able to pull the toe sheds off wouldn't the skin on the leg had to of come off too??
Smiley
Smiley

LGF Points LGF Points : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:12 pm

No not always.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down