best dusting schedule??

Go down

best dusting schedule??

Post by danibug23 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:40 am

i know you are supposed to dust the crickets i have the rep cal products, multi vitamin , calcium plus d3 and just calcium. then i also have the rep ashy all in one. how do you guys dust your crickets?? which one and how often? and what calcium is best for them? and i know i saw something called leopard gecko calcium should i buy that then just stick some of that in dish??? sorry if I'm confusing i just want to make sure i do everything right before i get one.

danibug23

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best dusting schedule??

Post by Mardy on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:35 am

If you have Repashy Calcium Plus already, that's the only dust supplement you need. You dust your feeders 2-3x a week, and you should be fine.

If you have a growing juvenile, a recovering gecko from ill health, or adult female breeders, you may want to also leave a dish of pure calcium without D3 inside the tank. They'll ingest calcium as they need them.

That's really all you need for dust supplement. If you want to use up your rep-cal's herptivite multi vitamin supplement, you can dust with it and alternate with your repashy calcium plus. Like one day dust with repashy, the other day dust with rep-cal, etc.. You don't need to dust every day, 2-3x a week is good enough.

Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

View user profile http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:32 pm

When I started with repashy calcium plus I sent an email to allen repashy and asked him the best schedule for that product. The reply was hatchings, juveniles, and laying/ovulating females dust every feeding, sub adults and adults dust every other feeding.

"The Worst Sin to OUR Fellow Creatures is NOT to Hate Them...
But to be Indifferent to Them...THAT'S the Essence of Inhumanity"

~George Bernard Shaw~
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

View user profile http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mardy on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:14 pm

A lot depends on how much and how often people feed their geckos. Most people overfeed their geckos as-is. When you overfeed, you end up over-supplementing because feeding more means more vitamin dust goes into your geckos, more D3, more protein, more everything. Hypervitaminosis, fatty liver disease, and protein bubbles happen too often to those that overfeed and over-supplement.

You can play safe by not dusting with multivitamin supplements with D3 more than 2-3x a week. Your geckos won't be malnourished if you do that, especially if you also gut-load your feeders as you should.

Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

View user profile http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum